After eating parmesan-roasted carrots you will not want to make them any other way. Bite-sized and toasty perfect, you can’t eat just one!
I’ll go ahead and admit that rainbow carrots have become a slight obsession for me. Whenever I find them in the store somehow they always end up in my cart. I don’t always have a plan for them but the colorful bag gets me every time!
I mean who can resist a purple carrot? Outside of eggplant and beets, I can’t think of many other purple vegetables. There are purple potatoes too, but I don’t see them very often and honestly they aren’t very pretty after cooking.
Roasted Parmesan Carrots
My latest rainbow carrot purchase turned into these parmesan roasted carrots. I thought about leaving them long and french fry-like, but the bite-sized little medallion pieces always roast up so quickly with yummy crispy edges.
Peel and cut the full-size carrots into bite-sized 1-inch pieces. According to my hands-on research, diagonal cuts taste better than straight slices. Okay, that isn’t a legit fact, but I love how they look, so diagonal it is for me.
Toss the cut carrots with olive oil, seasoning, and parmesan cheese. After tossing spread the carrots in an even layer on a baking sheet for roasting.
Roast the carrots for about 15 minutes, and taste them for a crisp-tender bite. If you want them a bit softer, roast them a little while longer.
Roasted Carrots with Parmesan
- full-size carrots
- light olive oil
- Italian seasonings
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated parmesan
- sliced green onions
- chopped Italian parsley
Roasted Rainbow Carrot Recipe
Rainbow carrots can be substituted into any carrot recipe. The colors are a fun change to the everyday orange that is the typical carrot. Be sure to try these glazed and colorful herb roasted rainbow carrots or roasted carrots with garlic and onion.
For a side dish that checks all the boxes smokey, sweet, savory, and salty, serve caramelized carrots with bacon. Gently sauteed in maple syrup and butter these maple glazed carrots are like eating candy medallions for dinner.
Honey Mustard Glazed Carrots aren’t just for the holidays. Sweeter than sharp in taste, you can’t eat just one. Is mustard not your thing? With just a dab of butter and a sprinkling of brown sugar, you can make and enjoy these Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots or Maple Roasted Carrots.
Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- 2 pounds full-size carrots peeled and sliced into ½-inch thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash and thoroughly dry the carrots. Place the carrots in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and toss well to coat the carrots as evenly as possible. Spread the carrots across the baking sheet and roast in the center of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve at this point for tender and slightly crisp carrots, or stir and roast for an additional 10 minutes until the carrots are soft and lightly caramelized.
Rate & Comment