Roasted and drizzled with pure maple syrup, these classic maple roasted carrots are almost candy-like in their sweetness.
Maple Carrots Roasted
Roasting and cooking carrots brings out a candy-like sweetness that can’t be resisted. Especially if you hit that sweet spot of roasted just soft enough with a little bit of firmness yet to the bite.
Baby carrots are perfect for snacking but anytime I cook with carrots I do buy the full-sized one. A vegetable peeler makes quick work of the outside or skin of the carrot. Then I do a few quick slices to create bite-sized pieces.
Toss the carrots with olive oil and salt and pepper, spread on a baking sheet, and roast for 20-25 minutes. Once the carrots are roasted drizzle them with the maple syrup and broil for 2-3 minutes.
You’ll notice that I don’t actually roast the carrots with maple syrup. I prefer to drizzle them with just a tiny bit of syrup at the end of the roasting process, then broil them for a couple of minutes.
I’ve found that when roasting with maple syrup it requires a whole lot more syrup in order to achieve that maple flavor. When simply drizzled at the end of the cooking time, you only need a small amount to get the sweet rich flavor of maple carrots.
Roasted Maple Carrots
For maple roasted carrots you will need these ingredients:
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- maple syrup
- fresh parsley
Sweet Roasted Carrots
The candy-like sweetness of roasted carrots is such a nostalgic flavor for me. The sweet smell and rich flavor have me snacking as soon as they come out of the oven.
For a side dish that checks all the boxes smokey, sweet, savory, and salty, serve caramelized carrots with bacon.
Honey Mustard Glazed Carrots aren’t just for the holidays. Sweeter than sharp in taste, you can’t eat just one.
Is mustard not your thing? With just a dab of butter and a sprinkling of brown sugar, you can make and enjoy these Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots or make them maple glazed.
Maple Roasted Carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds carrots cut into bite-size pieces, about ½-1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper adjust to taste
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespooon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Place the carrots on the baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Roast the carrots for 25 minutes. The carrots should be barely tender, slightly crisp, and nicely caramelized when done. Remove from the oven and increase heat to broil.
- Stir the carrots on the pan and drizzle with maple syrup. Broil for 2-4 minutes, just until the carrots are sticky and browned on the edges. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Rate & Comment