Irresistibly crispy and nutty sprouts are balanced with sweet and tender caramelized carrots in this recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
I am fully on team Brussels sprouts. And, carrots are a dream when roasted alongside other vegetables. So, this roasted brussel sprouts and carrots recipe was an inevitability. It turned out so good!
Someone in my kitchen may have found herself snacking on piping hot vegetables straight from the baking sheet. Ok, it was me. But, in my defense, they were dangerously delicious.
I’m always down for an easy side dish that hits way above its weight class in the flavor department. And, clean up for these roasted brussels sprouts and carrots is a breeze, which is always a bonus.
For those of you with someone at the table who isn’t yet on board with brussels sprouts, please let them try this recipe. The textures and flavors are heavenly.
Roasted Carrots and Brussels Sprouts
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this recipe:
- Brussels sprouts
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 425°F. While the oven heats up, inspect the sprouts and peel any discolored leaves. Then, place the Brussels sprouts and the carrots on a large sheet pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, and red pepper. Then, toss well to coat the vegetables. (You can also use a bowl to season and toss the vegetables, if that is easier.)
Spread the vegetables across the baking tray and arrange the sprouts cut side down. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until the sprouts are tender and have browned.
Remove from the oven and stir. Spread the vegetables across the pan again and roast an additional 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Brussel Sprouts and Carrots
Looking for more recipes like these roasted carrots and brussels sprouts?
Roasted Carrots and Beets offer a terrific combination of earthy sweetness and caramelized richness. For a real treat, drizzle the roasted vegetables with a tangy, slightly sweet balsamic glaze to enhance every flavor-packed bite.
Roasted and drizzled with pure maple syrup, these classic Maple Roasted Carrots are almost candy-like in their sweetness.
These Roasted Brussels Sprouts bring together salty bacon, sweet apples, and caramelized Brussels sprouts for a truly outstanding side dish. This was one of those dishes that I kept hearing about from friends over and over again.
Crispy roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Pecans is a holiday-sounding side dish you can eat any day of the week.
Roasted Green Beans and Carrots deliver a delightful medley of flavors and textures. You can season them as directed in the recipe below or toss them with any number of different spice combinations.
The sweet heat of Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts will have everyone devouring these little roasted veggies before they make it to the table.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 pound carrots peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the Brussels sprouts and the carrots on a large baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic, and red pepper. Toss well to coat the vegetables. Spread the vegetables across the baking sheet and arrange the sprouts cut side down. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until the sprouts are tender and have browned.
- Remove from the oven and stir. Spread the vegetables across the pan again and roast an additional 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.