Tender, slightly crisp green beans sauteed in butter and tossed with plenty of fresh herbs are a side dish that everyone enjoys.
Buttered Green Beans
Butter really does make everything better, doesn’t it? Luckily, it doesn’t take many ingredients to highlight the awesomeness of fresh vegetables.
Parsley and basil both pair beautifully with green beans. This is a bright fresh side dish that everyone enjoys.
Green Beans with Herbs
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this recipe:
- olive oil
- green beans
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil
- fresh Italian parsley
Herb Green Beans
You’ll start by gently steaming the green beans. Warm a bit of oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the green beans. Toss to coat and add 2 tablespoons of water.
Cover and cook on low for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beans have softened to your preferred level of doneness.
Add the butter and sprinkle the green beans with salt and pepper; taste and adjust as desired. Stir to coat with butter.
Sprinkle generously with herbs and toss once more. Serve warm.
Straight from the farmer’s market zucchini with corn and fresh herbs is a side dish worth talking about and sharing at your next cookout.
After eating parmesan-roasted carrots you will not want to make them any other way. Bite-sized and toasty perfect, you can’t eat just one!
Roasted green beans and carrots deliver a delightful medley of flavors and textures. You can season them as outlined in the recipe or toss them with a variety of different herbs and spices.
Roasted and buttered spaghetti squash topped with Parmesan and fresh herbs is a simple vegetable side dish that works well with any meal.
How about a light and creamy roasted potato salad with a tangy bite from lemon and great flavors from fresh herbs?
Crisp hot broccoli and pasta tossed with a very light cream sauce create a wonderfully flavorful dish. This is a great way to get lunch or dinner on the table very fast.
Green Beans with Butter and Fresh Herbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound green beans ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 4 large basil leaves very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley finely chopped
- Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the green beans. Toss to coat and add 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beans are softened to your preferred level of doneness.
- Add the butter and sprinkle the green beans with salt and pepper; taste and adjust. Stir to coat with butter. Sprinkle generously with herbs and toss once more. Serve warm.