Want to elevate roasted broccoli and cauliflower to a whole new level of deliciousness? Try tossing them with oil, garlic, and a dash of smoked paprika before roasting them together to tender-crisp perfection.
Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli
As the oven works its magic, the vegetables will soften to the perfect bite with crispy brown edges. And when they come out of the oven – it will be all you can do not to eat them right out of the pan. Trust me here, I would know.
Whether you’re a vegetable enthusiast or a skeptic, broccoli and cauliflower work a bit of cooking magic when cooked together. Their similar structures allow them to roast uniformly. While the earthy notes of broccoli harmonize with the delicate sweetness of cauliflower, creating a balance of flavors.
Oven Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this recipe:
- olive oil
- granulated garlic or garlic powder
- smoked paprika
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh lemon juice
How To Roast Broccoli and Cauliflower
Preheat your oven to 450°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil and the spices and stir to combine.
Add the cauliflower and the broccoli to the bowl with the oil and spice mixture. Toss with your hands to coat thoroughly.
Spread the vegetables across a large baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes. The pieces should be slightly crisp and fork-tender when done.
Squeeze a bit of fresh lemon juice over the vegetables and serve warm.
Broccoli and Cauliflower
Cauliflower and broccoli pair so well together, it surprises me that I don’t combine them more often than I do!
Crunchy yet chewy; sweet and smokey, I feel like goldilocks when I eat this cauliflower broccoli salad because it has just the right amount of everything. If you’re anything like me, you’ll find yourself making and eating this salad on repeat!
Packed with bold, tangy flavor and just a hint of heat, this BBQ Cauliflower is sure to be the star of your next meal.
This Cauliflower Gratin with a sprinkling of cheese, a light cream sauce, and a crispy buttery bread crumb topping is so so good, I keep dreaming about making it again. We love it with broccoli as well and now I’m thinking I need to combine them for the ultimate gratin.
I made these biscuit-topped chicken pot pies a while back with broccoli and cauliflower and they were a huge hit. That combination is going to be in our regular rotation now too.
Cauliflower that leaves you reaching for just one more bite? How is that possible? Well, this spicy caramelized cauliflower does just that and we love it. And I’m telling you now, it’s every bit as tasty with broccoli too.
Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- 1 cauliflower head, medium-sized, cut into bite-size pieces about 4 cups florets
- 1 large broccoli crown, cut into bite-size pieces about 4 cups florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika optional
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper adjust to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil and the spices and stir to combine. Add the cauliflower and the broccoli to the bowl and toss with your hands to coat thoroughly.
- Spread the vegetables across a large baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes. The pieces should be slightly crisp and fork-tender when done.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the vegetables and serve warm.