Packed with bold, tangy flavor and just a hint of heat, this BBQ Cauliflower is sure to be the star of your next meal.
Full disclosure, I ate this entire tray of BBQ cauliflower in just a couple of days. I shared a few bites with my brother while he was working with me, but other than that? I stashed it in the fridge and quite happily ate the rest.
This is such a basic recipe, it really shouldn’t have required the testing that wound up going into it. I enjoy roasted cauliflower and I enjoy a good spicy barbecue sauce. I figured that combining the two would be a simple thing.
Unfortunately, I kept over-complicating it, and the result was either saucy cauliflower that ended up mushy, or a crisp cauliflower that lacked the saucy flavor I was craving.
The solution wound up being far simpler than I imagined. First, roast until almost tender. Then, brush with BBQ sauce and finish under the broiler to caramelize the sauce. Last, serve warm with extra sauce for dipping.
BBQ Cauliflower Recipe
- cauliflower florets
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- BBQ sauce
Start by preheat oven to 450°F. Place the cauliflower on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and then spread the florets out. Roast for 10-15 minutes, until the cauliflower is almost tender.
Remove the pan from the oven and set to broil. Shake the pan of cauliflower and then lightly brush the florets with extra bbq sauce. Then, return to the oven and broil for 3-5 minutes until tender-crisp with slightly caramelized edges. Serve warm with additional sauce for dipping.
BBQ Cauliflower Bites
Looking for more recipes like these BBQ cauliflower bites?
BBQ Chicken Zucchini Boats are a saucy, cheesy, deliciously hearty meal that is a refreshing change from the typical sandwiches we usually make with leftover chicken.
Tender juicy bites of chicken, bell peppers, and onion are sweetened with your favorite bbq sauce to create these easy, saucy BBQ Chicken Skewers.
I’ve been making this Memphis BBQ Sauce for years. It’s sweet and tangy, with just a hint of that spicy heat. And, it’s so much better than anything you can find in the store.
BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad is a refreshing mix of vegetables, chicken, and the most delicious salad dressing, a spicy BBQ ranch.
Saucy bites of tangy chicken come together perfectly with roasted potatoes and broccoli in this BBQ Chicken Potato Casserole. This flavorful and hearty dish is a big win at my house.
If you need another recipe for cauliflower, give Cauliflower Gratin a try. With a sprinkling of cheese, a light cream sauce, and a crispy buttery bread crumb topping, it’s so good I keep dreaming about making it again.
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite-size florets, about 6 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper adjust to taste
- ½ cup bbq sauce plus more for dipping, if desired
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place the cauliflower on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss with your hands to coat and then spread the florets across the baking pan. Roast for 10-15 minutes, until the cauliflower is almost tender.
- Remove from the oven and adjust the temperature to BROIL. Shake the pan of cauliflower and then lightly brush the florets with bbq sauce. Broil for 3-5 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender-crisp with slightly caramelized edges.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with additional sauce for dipping.