The ultimate symphony of tangy flavors and creamy textures that will have your taste buds singing praises and begging for more of this Red Skin Potato Salad. My brother HATES potato salad, and he ate three helpings of this dish.
Red Skinned Potato Salad
This dish is a showstopper. I know that you’ve probably read that a thousand times on various blogs. But, I can tell you with one hundred percent honesty, this is the best potato salad I’ve ever had.
The sauce is rich and creamy without being too heavy, and its flavor is absolutely fabulous. It infuses the flavors of the potatoes, celery, and onion with just a slight tanginess.
Each bite is a joy from start to finish, from the soft and fluffy chunks of potato to the crunchy bite of red onion and celery. And, the crumbles of egg hold it all together, giving it a savory finish.
I like to sprinkle each serving liberally with paprika, but you can skip that step if you prefer. My oldest son swears by the inclusion of the hottest sauce he has, and my brother likes to stir in red pepper flakes to give it a kick.
Red Skin Potato Salad Recipe
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this recipe:
- red potatoes
- hard-boiled eggs
- red onion
- yellow mustard and dill pickle relish
- dried dill, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper
To make this red skin potato salad recipe, start by chopping your red potatoes into uniform pieces. Then place them in a large pot and cover them with water.
Bring to a boil over high heat and continue boiling until they are fork-tender, about 9-10 minutes. Then, drain the potatoes under cold water and set aside.
While the potatoes cook, clean your onion and celery, then slice and chop to the desired size. Then, roughly chop the hard-boiled eggs.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, dill relish, and seasonings and whisk to combine. Then, add the potatoes, eggs, celery, and red onion to the bowl. Stir to combine.
This is a dish you can serve immediately (while the potatoes are still warm), or you can refrigerate and serve chilled at a later time. Both ways are delicious.
Red Potato Salad
If you enjoyed this red potato salad, then you have got to try this Dill Pickle Potato Salad. It’s the perfect twist on the classic, with a zesty crunch that’s simply irresistible.
If you’re craving something a bit heartier, give this Tuna Pasta Salad a whirl. It’s a satisfying and scrumptious combination that’s perfect for a quick lunch or a tasty side dish.
This Creamy Macaroni Salad is another absolute crowd-pleaser! One bite, and you’ll be hooked. And, these Cheesy Mashed Potatoes will take your side dish game to the next level. Guaranteed to leave your people craving seconds.
And, for a low carb option, check out this Cauliflower Salad. It’s a creamy, flavor-filled dish that proudly stands on its own.
Red Skin Potato Salad
- 3 pounds red potatoes cut into ½-¾ inch pieces
- 8 hard-boiled eggs roughly chopped
- 2 celery ribs thinly sliced and chopped, about ½ cup
- ½ small red onion sliced very thin and chopped, about ½ cup
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ¼ cup dill pickle relish
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼-½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper adjust to taste
- Chop the potatoes and then place them in a large pot and cover them with water. Boil over high heat until fork-tender, about 9-10 minutes. Drain under cold water and set aside.
- While the potatoes cook, slice and chop the celery, onions, and eggs. Then, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, dill relish, dill, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Add the potatoes, eggs, celery, and red onion to the bowl. Then, stir to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.