Crispy cauliflower, toasted bread crumbs, and nutty, savory parmesan are wonderful together in this scrumptious side. This Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower is snackable right off the pan!
Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower
Is there anything tastier than the pairing of garlic and parmesan? It’s a classic combination of flavors that shows up in so many of my favorite dishes. I love the aroma of this garlic parmesan cauliflower as it roasts in the oven.
I have a longstanding love affair with cauliflower. And, roasting is absolutely my favorite way to prepare this vegetable. Though, I have to admit that air fryer cauliflower has become a close second.
I love all the browned and crispy bits, and this is one of the easiest ways to get your veggies to the table. And, bonus–roasted cauliflower with crispy parmesan is a recipe that can easily be multiplied for a crowd as needed.
Parmesan Cauliflower Recipe
- olive oil
- cauliflower florets
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- shredded Parmesan
Start by preheating your oven to 425°F. Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with the seasonings, then toss with your hands to coat well. Roast the cauliflower for 20 minutes, until fork tender.
While the cauliflower is in the oven, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bread crumbs and stir quickly to coat.
Saute while stirring frequently for about 2 minutes, until lightly toasted. Remove from the heat, transfer the bread crumbs to a plate, and let cool.
Once the cauliflower is tender, remove from the oven. Top with Parmesan and the breadcrumbs. Then, return it to the oven to roast an additional 5-10 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
Parmesan tends to be a salty cheese, and this roasted garlic parmesan cauliflower recipe is generous with it. So, I recommend waiting to add additional salt until tasting it at the end. I found it to be perfect without any added salt at all.
If you liked this garlic parmesan roasted cauliflower, then you have got to try this Crispy Cajun Cauliflower with just the right amount of heat.
Looking for a saucier cauliflower side dish? This BBQ Cauliflower packed with bold, tangy flavor and just a hint of heat is sure to be the star of your next meal.
Want to elevate Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower to a whole new level of deliciousness? Try tossing them with oil, garlic, and a dash of smoked paprika before roasting them together to tender-crisp perfection.
For those who are like me and adore the goodness of roasted veggies, you’ve got to try Pan Roasted Asparagus. Or, give these Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Pecans a whirl. That’s a recipe you’ll make more than once!
Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ medium-sized head cauliflower cut into bite-size pieces, about 1 pound florets
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- ½ cup freshly shredded Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup bread crumbs plain or Italian work well
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Season generously with garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne. Toss with your hands to coat well. Roast the cauliflower for 20 minutes, until fork tender.
- While the cauliflower is in the oven, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bread crumbs and stir quickly to coat. Saute while stirring frequently for about 2 minutes, until lightly toasted. Remove from the heat, transfer to a plate, and let cool.
- When the cauliflower is tender, remove from the oven. Top with Parmesan and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Roast an additional 5-10 minutes until golden brown and crisp.