Crispy, toasty, and ever so slightly cheesy, I can make an entire meal out of this garlic parmesan roasted broccoli.
Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
Roasted broccoli is on our dinner menu as a side dish almost every week. It is easy, tastes delicious, and everyone will eat it. That is dinner time win in my book.
However, add bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and suddenly I’m serving them something entirely new. The excitement over this garlic parmesan roasted broccoli was hilarious. Yes, all the plates were licked completely clean.
Panko breadcrumbs are my go-to choice for this recipe, however, the recipe will also work nicely with traditional breadcrumbs.
Parmesan can be a salty cheese, so I recommend waiting to season this with salt after it comes out of the oven and you’ve tasted the broccoli to determine if it is needed.
Typically, when I roast broccoli I just toss it with a bit of olive oil. This time I melted butter with the olive oil and tossed the fresh broccoli pieces in that to coat them. Let me tell you, AMAZING is how that made the broccoli taste. It’s a simple way to dress up your side dish.
After tossing with the melted butter and olive oil, sprinkle the broccoli with a combination of bread crumbs, parmesan, and garlic. Give it a stir or toss to coat the broccoli and then transfer it to a baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F until the broccoli is toasted and crispy. Serve immediately while it is still hot. Brace yourself for your kids to beg for seconds. It will happen.
Butter Garlic Broccoli
Add these ingredients to your shopping list to make garlic parmesan roasted broccoli this week:
- broccoli florets
- Panko or traditional breadcrumbs
- freshly grated Parmesan
- olive oil
- granulated garlic or garlic powder
- kosher salt adjust to taste
Broccoli is such a delicious vegetarian side dish. It is a literal blank canvas for your favorite spices and ingredients to be added to it.
Nutty parmesan with classic salt and pepper makes for the most amazing air fryer frozen broccoli, crispy and ready to eat in no time!
Cheesy, savory, and creamy with a toasted, buttery top broccoli gratin is about to become the most requested vegetable by your family.
Pan Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan is a classic cheese and broccoli combination that is elevated with a sweet note from a sprinkling of brown sugar.
Looking for more roasted garlic recipes? Crispy cauliflower, toasted bread crumbs, and nutty, savory parmesan are wonderful together in this Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower. This scrumptious side is snackable right off the pan!
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup Panko or traditional breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt adjust to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a small bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Place the butter and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Microwave for 1 minute to melt the butter. Add the broccoli to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the broccoli generously with the breadcrumb mixture. Toss again to coat. Spread the broccoli across a baking sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes until tender crisp and lightly browned.
- Taste the broccoli and add sprinkle with salt, only if needed.