Smokey, salty with a hint of pepper, this homemade french fry seasoning takes fries to a whole new level.
What is it about French Fries that makes them something I could literally eat every single day. Perhaps is it my lean to the savory side or underlying love of all things snack food.
I promise I do eat a fairly balanced diet of fruits, vegetables, and protein just like you do. But french fries, they lure me in every time.
I will admit that I have become a bit more discerning over the years and if they are not perfectly crispy and deliciously seasoned, they’re easier to resist these days.
I think that means I have grown to love this combination of salty, smokey, peppery, and garlic seasoning. It goes so well on not just french fries. It started as a french fry seasoning, then I started putting it on other roasted vegetables like roasted broccoli and roasted cauliflower.
There is now a seasoning shaker permanently residing in my cupboard labeled “french fries”. Once you try this you will understand why.
To season french fries, spray or toss frozen fries or fresh-cut potatoes with oil and then sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of seasoning mix per pound of fries BEFORE cooking.
For seasoning traditional deep-fried french fries, sprinkle the fries with seasoning AFTER cooking.
Seasoning for French Fries
Grab these items from your spice drawer and make your own batch of french fry seasoning:
- kosher salt
- smoked or plain paprika
- granulated garlic or garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- dried parsley
- granulated onion or onion powder
- cayenne pepper
Seasonings and sauces make vegetables so tasty and delicious. You really should try some of our favorites.
Homemade spice mixes are easy to make and taste so much better than store-bought. Loaded with an abundance of flavor and a tiny bit of heat, taco seasoning gets used more than anything else in my spice cupboard.
Roasted vegetables dipped in Bang Bang Sauce, dare I say it, are better than vegetables with homemade ranch dip. I didn’t think that was possible but it IS! (And yes, this homemade ranch really is incredible.)
Cheddar cheese sauce was meant for vegetables. This cheese sauce for vegetables is creamy, flavorful, and rich. It is a staple in our home. We love it best on broccoli!
French Fry Seasoning
French Fry Seasoning Mix
- 6 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons smoked or plain paprika
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1½ teaspoons granulated onion or onion powder
- ½-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all of the spices in a jar and stir or shake to combine. Cover with a lid and store until ready to use.
- To season french fries, spray or toss frozen fries or fresh-cut potatoes with oil and then sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of seasoning mix per pound of fries BEFORE cooking.
- For seasoning traditional deep-fried french fries, sprinkle the fries with seasoning AFTER cooking.
Rate & Comment