Crisp cabbage intertwines with the juicy sweetness of fresh apples, while the tangy burst of dried cranberries adds a delightful twist to this simple apple coleslaw.
Apple Cider Vinegar Coleslaw
The combination of textures and tastes in this coleslaw, from the crunchy cabbage and apples to the chewy cranberries tossed in the sweet and tangy, creamy apple cider vinegar dressing is a straight win.
I like using cider vinegar for this type of salad dressing, as its acidity is nicely balanced by the slight sweetness that is naturally there too. With just a tiny bit of sugar and a pinch of salt added, you have an easy-as-can-be four-ingredient dressing you’ll want to use again and again.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this recipe:
- Coleslaw mix (or green cabbage)
- Dried cranberries
- Apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt
Apple Coleslaw Recipe
To make the dressing, you’ll start by combining the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Whisk the mixture until it is smooth before adding the other ingredients.
Apple Cabbage Slaw
Add the cabbage to the bowl with the dressing and toss with tongs to coat. Next, add the apples and cranberries. Toss again more to combine.
Either serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cabbage Salad Recipes
Brussels sprouts, apples, cranberries, pecans, onion, and cheddar cheese are tossed together and drizzled with an apple cider vinaigrette to make this Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad.
Crunchy, tangy, sweet Pepper Cabbage Coleslaw is a welcome variation on classic creamy coleslaw recipes.
Fresh broccoli with dried cranberries, bacon, and red onion tossed in a tangy sweet dressing makes for a crave-able Cranberry Broccoli Bacon Salad.
Sweet and Tangy Purple Cabbage Slaw is sweet and tangy and it is my go-to side for potlucks and summer picnics. It can be made in advance and gets better as it rests.
Cranberry Apple Coleslaw
- 16 ounces bagged coleslaw mix or 1 small head of green cabbage sliced very thin, about 6 cups
- 2 medium apples sliced very thin
- ½ cup dried sweet cranberries or Craisins
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-3 teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cabbage or coleslaw mix and toss with tongs to coat. Add the apples and cranberries. Toss once more to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.