Sweet and just a little bit spicy, this honey sriracha chicken stir fry is filled with bite-size sticky sweet chunks of chicken and tender-crisp peppers. The whole recipe comes together in under 20 minutes.
Bell Pepper Stir Fry
I am always amazed at the amount of flavor you can create with a simple stir fry. The relief I feel knowing dinner can be on the table in less than 30 minutes and everyone will eat it and enjoy it.
Not to mention, most stir fry recipes easily scale to feed more or fewer people. If the kid’s friends stop by it is not a problem to add another pepper or two or make a pot of rice and serve it over that. The flexibility just might be the best part!
This bell pepper chicken stir fry is a great example of that. You can add a bit more chicken or a couple of extra vegetables without any problems.
Be sure to add a little bit of additional cornstarch though, if you increase the sauce amounts, as you don’t want to have any difficulty thickening the sauce due to the extra ingredients.
When making stir fry I like to give the meat a quick toss in just a little bit of cornstarch. The cornstarch helps the chicken get the slightest brown crust on it. This helps thicken the sauce to stick nicely to the chicken and vegetables to finish the dish.
I use my absolutely can not live without it Misen Skillet for making stir fry. It is a stainless steel skillet that is large enough to hold everything and has plenty of surface area, but ultimately cleans up so easily!
Dark or white meat will work well with this recipe. We choose chicken thighs most of the time, however the recipe will work great with chicken breast.
Honey Sriracha Chicken
Once you have browned the chicken (it won’t be cooked through) add the peppers and onions and stir everything together. After the peppers start to soften a bit, add the honey sriracha sauce.
Stir everything together to coat all the chicken and vegetables. Let the stir fry cook to thicken the sauce and allow the chicken to get all sticky sweet and delicious. Serve immediately, by itself or over rice.
Chicken Bell Pepper Stir Fry
To make this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- boneless skinless chicken thighs
- light flavored olive oil
- bell peppers
- green onions
- light brown sugar
- low-sodium soy sauce
- Sriracha hot sauce
When cooking stir-fries, it helps to have all your ingredients prepped ahead of time. I like to set the ingredients in bowls next to the stove, so that they’re ready to quickly add to the skillet when needed.
Place the chicken in a medium-sized bowl and sprinkle it with cornstarch. Set the sliced peppers in a bowl next to the stove.
Combine the honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, Sriracha, and garlic in a small bowl or glass measuring cup. Whisk to combine and set the sauce next to the other ingredients by the stove.
Once you have the ingredients ready to go, the cooking time is lightning-fast!
Chicken Bell Pepper Stir Fry
You can use a variety of ingredients to create the sweet heat that works with chicken and bell peppers. This sweet and spicy chicken stir fry is a favorite for my ever-hungry crew. This stir fry uses seasonal fresh vegetables for a quick-to-prepare meal.
Cabbage stir fry with chicken and noodles in a simple stir fry sauce is a delicious way to get dinner on the table fast.
Tender juicy bites of chicken, bell peppers, and onion are sweetened with your favorite bbq sauce to create these easy, saucy BBQ Chicken Skewers.
Honey Sriracha Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs about 6 medium thighs, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon light flavored olive oil
- 3 bell peppers assorted colors, sliced into thin ¼" strips
- 2 tablespoons green onions sliced thin, for topping
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Place the chicken in a medium-sized bowl and sprinkle with cornstarch. Toss to coat. Set the sliced peppers in a bowl next to the stove.
- Combine the honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, Sriracha, and garlic in a small bowl or glass measuring cup. Whisk to combine and set the sauce next to the stove.
- Warm a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. When the oil is shimmering, add the chicken, toss it in the oil, then spread it across the skillet and let it cook for about 1 minute without stirring.
- Stir the chicken and continue cooking, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes. Add the peppers, stir and cook while stirring frequently for about 2 minutes more, until the chicken has cooked through and the peppers are crisp-tender.
- Add the sauce and increase the heat to high. Stir to coat all the pieces and continue tossing the chicken in the sauce as it cooks, about 2-3 minutes more.
- When the sauce has thickened and the chicken and peppers are sticky, it is done. Sprinkle with green onions, and serve immediately.