The bold flavors of ripe, juicy tomatoes marinated in balsamic vinegar with plenty of seasonings make this delightful Tomato Pasta Salad an easy winner.
Tomato Pasta Salad
I adore pasta salad. It’s super simple to make and a great way to use up any vegetables you have on hand. What I’ve learned is that the right dressing makes ALL the difference.
Marinating the tomatoes is about as easy as it gets. And they hit way above their weight class in the flavor department. This has to be one of the easiest, most delicious versions of pasta salad.
But, whatever you do, take the time to add the finishing touches when making a pasta salad. It’s about more than looks! I love the way that fresh Italian parsley adds an earthy note to the dish.
And, if you’re feeling fancy, you can’t go wrong topping a pasta salad with freshly shredded parmesan for a touch of that cheesy, nutty goodness.
I love to have this pasta salad alongside grilled chicken. It keeps the meal light, while providing a more filling protein. And the flavors balance each other well when savory chicken meets tangy balsamic vinegar and tomatoes.
Tomato Pasta Salad Recipe
- bite-size pasta (cavatappi, penne, rotini, etc.)
- marinated tomatoes and remaining liquid
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Italian parsley
Follow this recipe to marinate the tomatoes before starting this pasta salad. They will need to sit in the marinade for at least two hours.
When the tomatoes are ready, start boiling water in a medium pot over high heat. Add a generous tablespoon of salt to the water. Then, cook the pasta according to the package directions, until al dente. Drain, but do not rinse.
Combine the pasta, tomatoes, and marinade in a large bowl. Toss well to coat. Taste the pasta and add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parsley and serve cold.
You can make this dish ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Just stir again before serving.
Tomato Salad Recipe
If you want another tomato salad recipe, I definitely stand by this tomato pasta salad with spinach. The garlicky vinaigrette brings a zesty kick that you won’t regret.
Marinated Tomato Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces bite-size pasta (cavatappi, penne, and rotini are my favorites)
- 2 cups marinated tomatoes this is a full recipe of marinated tomatoes
- ½ cup marinade liquid (use every bit of the remaining liquid from the marinated tomatoes recipe)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper adjust to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Start by preparing the Marinated Tomatoes.
- When the tomatoes are ready, set a medium pot with plenty of water over high heat. Add a tablespoon of salt to the water, then cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain the pasta.
- Combine the pasta, tomatoes, and marinade in a large bowl. Toss well to coat. Taste the pasta, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to eat. Stir again before serving.